|Type: Villa for rent
|VisitsItaly.com links: Region of Tuscany, Region of Umbria, Region of Liguria
|Booking: IV Travel (please make first contact by email)
- Independent, self catering apartments and double rooms.
- Air conditioning
- Kitchenettes in apartments
- Dining area in apartments
- Private Bathrooms
- Baby bed and high chair available
- Breakfast on B&B plan
- Swimming pool
- Garden and gazebo
- Ping Pong
- Archery field (instructor available)
- Private lake - fly fishing (instructor available)
- Shiatsu massage
- Wine tours, guide
- Mountain bikes (extra)
- Shopping excursions
- Excursions to art cities and thermal spas can be arranged
|Location: Carmignano near Pistoia
- See map
- Use "Get Directions" function to generate detailed directions
|Cost: See chart below
|Payment: 30% deposit, remainder within 30 days of booking
The Villa of Trefiano stands on a hilltop facing the three planes of Florence, Prato and Pistoia. The Villa was built by the architect Buontalenti during the 15th Century for the Rucellai family, at the time secretary to the Medicis, and is in classic Renaissance style.
Before the construction was finished the Rucellais lost the favor of the Tuscan Grand Dukes and were sent to exile so the villa was never completed (you can still see some protruding bricks left on the facade).
During the 1920s the Villa was bought by the present owners, the Contini Bonacossi Counts. The Villa is surrounded by 5 hectares of vineyards from which the Trefiano Carmignano DOCG wine is born and a further 5 hectares of olive groves to create the Trefiano fully organic extra virgin olive oil.
Distances to closest villages and towns: 2 km. to Poggio a Caiano and Carmignano, 9 km. to Prato and 23 Kms. to Firenze
Accommodation: suitable for 7-13 persons.
The house is divided into two parts:
- Large living room, large kitchen with dishwasher and oven plus a big table, dining room, 2 double bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom and 1 single bedroom, 1 bathroom with tub, 1 bathroom with shower and 1 W.C. with sink. There is also a large room at a lower underground level with a wood burning oven, a stone wash basin, big table and a laundry room with washing machine.
- 2 bathrooms both with tub and 3 more bedrooms (2 double and 1 twin).
The Villa also offers a swimming pool with a breathtaking view.
Prices - nightly
|Prices range from € 450/week to € 900/week or from 55/day to 75/day for short term stays.
- Room, apartment or suite selection
- Number of guests
- Length of stay
- Other services booked
- Meal plan (B&B, Half Board, Full Board)
Please contact us for a quote.
Booking: IV Travel (please make first contact by email)